We have completely replaced internal emails at Asian Efficiency. No one sends emails to co-workers anymore. Think it’s impossible? It’s not. You can do it too within your team and organization. There’s one communication and collaboration tool that you need. That’s either HipChat or Slack.
In this episode we discuss how we’ve replaced company emails with one of these tools. If you’ve considered using HipChat or Slack, we also go over the pros and cons of each tool so you can make an informed decision which one works best for you and your organization. These tools will help you get closer to eliminating company emails, useless meetings, and other miscellaneous time-wasters.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- What team communication and collaboration software is and why you should use it [1:27]
- Slack’s independent research on the effectiveness of using team communication and collaboration software [3:32]
- How team communication and collaboration software increases transparency in your organization (and why that’s a good thing) [8:07]
- How Slack and HipChat specifically can help improve the culture of your team [10:27]
- How to share messages and communicate effectively using Slack or HipChat [10:56]
- How to attach files in team communication software and how this can help you keep things organized [16:06]
- Why using emoji in Slack and HipChat can help make communication better, more complete, and more fun [19:07]
- When and how to use team communication and collaboration apps for calls and video calls [22:21]
- How to customize Slack or HipChat to be more personal [23:20]
- Our favorite integrations for both Slack and HipChat [26:36]
- Setting up notifications correctly in team communication and collaboration software [31:11]
- Which is better: Slack or HipChat? [34:47]
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.