Certified Evernote expert Charles Byrd joins us on the podcast to discuss the ins and outs of working smarter with Evernote. Charles has years of experience teaching people how to use Evernote more efficiently and has tons of tips for creating systems, pulling up information quickly, and doing more with Evernote apps. In this episode, Charles shows us how to use tags effectively, how to use Evernote with teams, shares some powerful keyboard shortcuts that makes working Evernote even easier, and even convinces Thanh to (potentially) move away from his beloved folder structure. Whether you’re an Evernote power user or just beginning to use this software, you’ll find a lot of valuable tips and actionable information in this episode.
- How Evernote expert Charles Byrd got started using the software and how it allows him to find anything he’s looking for quickly [1:49]
- How Charles met the CEO of Evernote and how he came to be a Certified Expert in Evernote [4:51]
- Why the Evernote team is so concerned about your privacy and how it’s different from Google [7:40]
- How to create local notebooks that don’t sync with the cloud [12:28]
- Common mistakes that people who are new to Evernote make over and over again [13:57]
- What to do when you have lots of places to store information (like task managers, note apps, etc) [18:23]
- Charles’s default approach to Evernote [20:55]
- Using Evernote to create a workflow between multiple apps and systems [23:28]
- How to use the local link and the public link features in Evernote [25:34]
- How to process new projects using Evernote, Todoist, and other apps [27:34]
- How to use Evernote with a team [30:27]
- How to use tags in Evernote to find things instantly [35:56]
- What tags to use in order to make searching for notes easier [45:38]
- Using Evernote with virtual assistants [50:22]
- Recommended apps that you can use in conjunction with Evernote [52:50]
- The most effective ways to use the Web Clipper for Evernote [58:22]
- Charles Byrd – certified Evernote consultant
- TPS96: Setting Up Your Dashboard in Evernote w/ Stacey Harmon
- Newton email app
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!