In this episode, Thanh and Mike talk about an essential concept for productivity enthusiasts, which is “Freedom.” They introduce you to the 3 different types of freedom and talk about which types of freedom typically coincide with different stages of life, as well as how real productivity is not just about doing more but about doing the right things that build up your freedom capital and increase your options.
If you have trouble sticking with the practice of certain productivity principles like journaling or a morning routine, this episode will help you understand the value of doing the right things repeatedly and how that will lead you to your ideal future.
- What the productivity “F word” is and why it’s talked about so much in the productivity space [1:34]
- Mike’s issue with people who “wouldn’t do anything differently” if they could go back in time [6:43]
- The three different types of freedom [8:44]
- What freedom commodities you typically have available to you at different stages of life [13:48]
- Why compound interest applies to learning and why you should spend as much time learning as you can when you’re young [16:43]
- Thinking about what you would do differently if you were 20 years old [18:18]
- Why you need to be careful what you say “yes” to [23:01]
- Easy things you can spend money on to create more free time [29:01]
- A great thinking exercise you can use to see what you would do if you had an extra $5k per month [31:40]
- How to come up with your own list of resources and assets you’re building [39:10]
- What goals you need to set when you’re a seasoned veteran [41:45]
- Why you can invest in things now that will help you succeed in later points in life [47:45]
- What’s important about recognizing that we all have limited resources [52:42]
- 7 Productivity Tips I Wish I Knew at Age 18
- How to Find Balance While Working in a Corporate Culture (TPS140)
- Thinking Time: the Counterintuitive Approach to Growth (TPS162)
- Why Pursuing the Work-Life Balance Myth is Hurting Your Productivity (TPS139)
- 30 Lessons for Living: Tried and True Advice from the Wisest Americans
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Jim Rohn
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!