Ever find yourself with time to work on your important project but you don’t still don’t get anything done because you just don’t have the energy to work on it? In this episode, Brooks and Mike explain why energy management (and not time management) is the key to taking massive action on your goals. We explore the power of gratitude, showing you how a simple mindset shift can help you become happier AND more productive. We talk about why living your life according to the old saying that “life is a marathon” is actually a very bad idea if you want to achieve your goals, teach you the mindset you should be developing instead, and share some of our best tips for staying positive. If you’re ready to go beyond basic time management and start making serious progress towards your ideal future, this episode is for you.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Why you are always going to get more done by tackling your most important tasks (MITs) at the beginning of the day [1:30]
- What Mike has learned by implementing the ritual of morning pages [6:56]
- Why energy management (and not time management) is the real key to success [9:19]
- Why life is not a marathon and this is actually a very dangerous idea [12:44]
- How downtime is essential and actually productive [16:05]
- Explanation of the energy quadrant and what zone you want to be spending your time in [21:26]
- Why it’s hard to thrive in that survival zone and the how it can quickly translate into burnout [27:21]
- How to get into the state of sprinting and then recovering [33:15]
- How practicing gratitude can help you stay in a positive mood and be more productive [35:40]
- Why meditation can help you be more effective and how it helps you stay positive [40:40]
- Accountability and its power of making you more productive [44:20]
- Examples of gratitude we can have in our lives [50:32]
- What time do top CEOs wake up?
- Overlap: A simple strategy for closing the gap between where you are and where you want to be w/ Sean McCabe (TPS163)
- Timing app
- The Artist’s Way
- Change Your Mind, Change Your Life: How a Growth Mindset Leads You to Your Ideal Future (TPS171)
- The Power of Full Engagement
- Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Every Day
- The AE Holiday Gift Guide (TPS173)
- 30 Lessons for Living by Karl Pillemer
- Meditation Studio
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.