Have you ever tried handing off a work task but were frustrated because it took too long or wasn’t done correctly? You probably made one of the 5 common delegation mistakes that we cover in this episode. We show you how to avoid these mistakes, overcome 4 common limiting beliefs people have about delegation, share some of the expensive costs of ineffective delegation, and show you the 3 critical components you absolutely must have if you want your delegated work to get done correctly and on time.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Frustrations that cause people to not want to delegate work [2:01]
- What delegation really means [4:57]
- Overcoming the 4 common limiting beliefs that people have about delegation [12:06]
- The value of understanding how your colleagues work [18:16]
- Delegation from the point of view of the CEO of a business [23:48]
- Why acceptance criteria is so important when delegating tasks [31:32]
- The unexpected costs of bad delegation [33:15]
- The 3 critical components your tasks MUST have when delegating effectively [38:52]
- Resources for creating standard operating procedures [47:15]
- How to set the definition of done for delegated work [51:02]
- How to get started if you’re just beginning with delegation [57:35]
- Common delegation mistakes to avoid [1:01:37]
- Conative Connection: Uncovering the Link Between Who You Are and How You Perform
- Paid to Think: A Leader’s Toolkit for Redefining Your Future
- Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less
- Tapes (MacOS)
- The CEO’s Secret to Productivity: An Executive Assistant (TPS143)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.