Email is a nuisance to your productivity and something that everyone has to deal with on a daily basis. In this episode, Brooks and Mike talk about strategies and tools you can use to process the email in your inbox even faster, and give you 5 strategies you can use to get out of your inbox and start reclaiming your time. We share several resources and tools you can use no matter what operating system or email client you decide to use. If you find yourself struggling to keep up with email, this episode is for you.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Why email apps have limited impact on the time it takes to process email and what tools you can do to decrease the time email requires [1:20]
- Two approaches you can use if you want to spend less time in email [4:44]
- How to use email filters effectively [6:24]
- How to set up email filters in common email clients [15:08]
- Why you should use text expansion for canned responses [18:57]
- How to use a shared inbox for team accounts [23:20]
- What VIP notifications are and how to use them to avoid distractions [26:10]
- Why direct integrations are so useful for getting email out of your inbox [27:54]
- Resources you can use to process email more effectively [31:01]
- How to use TextExpander beyond just the basic text expansion [37:36]
- How to use MailPusher to get VIP notifications for email with any client [41:07]
- How to make Apple Mail better with MailButler [42:54]
- Why you should use Boomerang if you use Gmail [45:26]
- Why Newton’s premium features will blow you away [47:19]
- Next-Level Email Processing: How to Handle Any Email in Your Inbox (TPS166)
- A Comprehensive Video Guide to TextExpander
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.