In this episode, Mike is joined by Dave Caolo, a regular contributor to Unclutterer, a website dedicated to home and office organization. Mike & Dave dive deep into digital clutter: What it is, where to find it, and how to deal with it. We explain the very real cost of clutter and the effect it has on your productivity, give you a couple of simple questions to help you realize if you need some help clearing out digital clutter yourself, and offer helpful strategies for decluttering your digital life if you do.
- Why decluttering is harder to understand (but just as important) when it comes to digital items [2:05]
- What clutter really means [2:58]
- Why FOMO-bawed clutter drives a lot of the time we spend on social media [10:17]
- Real world examples of digital clutter [11:25]
- Important distinctions: things that are not digital clutter [14:38]
- Ways digital clutter can be harmful [19:02]
- Tips to start getting rid of digital clutter [26:30]
- How to declutter a smartphone [32:27]
- The one thing that Dave would tell people to do to start decluttering your digital life [40:26]
- How to automate decluttering [41:41]
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Intentional Attention: How Small Decisions Can Bring You to Your Ideal Future (TPS184)
- Hurry Slowly podcast episode 03
- Using Coffee Shops and Cafes to Give Your Productivity a Boost w/ Dave Caolo (TPS172)
- The Joy of Missing Out: Finding Balance in a Wired World
Connect with Dave Caolo
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!