Marmel Becerial, Asian Efficiency’s very own scrum master, joins Mike to dive deep on how we use scrum here at Asian Efficiency. This episode explains how we use the scrum framework in order to consistently and systematically create podcast episodes, video courses for the Dojo, and everything else related to Asian Efficiency’s day-to-day operation. We talk about some of the things that Marmel has learned from her experience as scrummaster for Asian Efficiency, and share 3 of the specific challenges we’ve had to overcome in the 4+ years we’ve been using the Scrum framework, plus the 5 reasons we love Scrum here at AE.
If you’re looking for an explanation of scrum you’ll want to check out our interview with Lucas Smith in episode 189, but if you want to see how we implement it here at AE then this episode is for you.
Thanks to Casper for supporting The Productivity Show. Save $50 on select mattresses at https://www.casper.com/tps, and use promo code tps.
Editor’s Note: In this episode, Mike misspoke when he listed the 3 questions we use for every sprint. The 3 questions are:
- What should we start doing?
- What should we stop doing?
- What should we keep doing?
- Welcome to The Productivity Show, Marmel Becerial! [2:30]
- What it’s like being a Scrum master [9:22]
- How AE has adapted the Scrum framework to fit the way our small remote team works [11:08]
- Implementing Scrum for solopreneurs [14:27]
- How to execute a retrospective [21:14]
- Recommended ways to determine the number of story points an issue will require [24:17]
- How our daily huddle (stand-up meeting) works [30:34]
- Our experience doing a gratitude roundtable at all of our Scrum meetings [36:38]
- Challenges we have with Scrum, and how we keep our team happy [38:09]
- Why we love Scrum for the AE team [47:52]
- How Scrum helps us continuously improve [54:23]
- Advice for starting to use Scrum with your team [57:56]
- A Professional Scrum Master’s Best Advice for a Productive Team w/ Lucas Smith (TPS189)
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!