Do you ever get frustrated because your team or family members “just don’t get it” and insist on doing things in a way that’s completely unproductive? If so, you’re not alone. We all struggle with people who are close to us that haven’t yet seen the light when it comes to the way they choose to get things done. If you’ve ever found yourself in this situation, you probably feel like this is a battle that you just can’t seem to win. So in this episode, we’re going to share our best strategies for winning over the people closest to you to a productive mindset so you can fix the broken systems in your life. We share 6 ways that you can influence others to change, and talk about what you can do in specific situations to improve efficiency with the people you live and work with while protecting your relationships.
Thanks to Slack for supporting The Productivity Show. Slack: Where work happens. Go to https://slack.com to learn more.
- Quick wins for approaching a coworker to help them with email management [2:02]
- Why pain is a driver for change [11:09]
- How to lead by example when it comes to productivity [15:18]
- Why you should show people you are really interested in them when you want to influence them [26:42]
- How to share what is working for you [35:31]
- Why you want to teach and educate when the pain is high [43:31]
- How to use third-person framing to start a teachable moment [51:46]
- How to frame delicate requests so that they are heeded [55:09]
- How to get your spouse on-board with productivity mindset [59:19]
- The Simple Guide To Managing Your Email More Effectively
- Next-Level Email Processing: How to Handle Any Email in Your Inbox (TPS166)
- Change Your Mind, Change Your Life: How a Growth Mindset Leads You to Your Ideal Future (TPS171)
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- How To Win Friends and Influence People
- The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
- The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A Leadership Fable About Restoring Sanity To The Most Important Organization In Your Life
- 10 Practical Tips for Identifying and Implementing Core Values With Your Family (TPS133)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.