Today we have Lauren Goldstein, an entrepreneur and business strategy consultant from Austin, TX. Lauren and Thanh have known each other for a while and we invited her to come on the podcast to share her unique approach to productivity.
You’re going to get specific tips on how to use a calendar to run your life and business, how you can theme your days and weeks to stay focused, and how you should plan your weeks in advance with a simple tool.
Thanks to Slack for supporting The Productivity Show. Find out more at their website.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- What admin days are, and why they have been so important for Lauren [4:19]
- What a typical admin day looks like for Lauren [6:18]
- How Lauren ‘themes’ her weeks and focuses on what’s important for her business [8:30]
- The misconception about goals that Lauren sees most often with her clients [13:10]
- What Lauren recommends if you’re looking to plan or theme your week [18:18]
- How to deal with the unexpected on your admin day [26:18]
- How Lauren plans her week out [28:26]
- Handling the important but not urgent tasks [32:59]
- How Lauren increase her clients profit without looking for more work [37:13]
- How you can streamline your calendar and your scheduling [40:07]
- What tasks Lauren automates with Zapier to save her time [46:16]
- The key to getting ready for the day quickly [48:06]
- Lauren’s tips for women to get ready quicker in the morning [56:10]
- Be Focused
- Productivity Planner by Intelligent Change
- Teamwork (online platform)
- Scaling Up
- Eat That Frog
- Eat That Frog – Do Your Most Important Tasks In The Morning
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
Connect with Lauren Goldstein:
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.