Something we say a lot at AE is that small changes or improvements to the things you do every day can add up to big savings over time. This is really true with technology: we all have these little points of friction that we just accept because we think that’s just the way it is — but it doesn’t have to be. There are tools and features that you can use to become WAY more efficient on your computer or mobile device, and since many of us are using these all day every day, they can have a huge impact in time and efficiency.
Thanks to HelloFresh for supporting The Productivity Show. HelloFresh is offering our listeners a total of $80 off your first month. Visit HelloFresh.com/TPS80 and use the code TPS80.
In this episode, we’ll take you through some of our favorite cross-platform technology automation tips and share how we use them to be more Asian Efficient.
- How automating your technology saves you time [4:14]
- The one thing to take away from this episode, even if you don’t install a single app [5:33]
- How command launcher apps can save time finding files, webpages, launching applications and more [8:07]
- Why Thanh and Brooks are so adamant about their command launcher apps, and the ways that they use them [12:42]
- How text automation tools can relieve you from typing the same things over and over and over [17:40]
- How Brooks uses text automation to standardize Asian Efficiency’s SOP’s and reports [29:09]
- What file automation is and how it handles your digital organization [31:39]
- Thanh’s “trifecta” of tech automation that makes it all work together [38:22]
- How Asian Efficiency uses web automation tools like Zapier or IFTTT in a team setting [46:44]
- The incredibly powerful automation tool that you already have built into your iPhone [50:15]
- How to automate your backups by using cloud backup software [56:37]
- Automate Your Life: How We Save Over 500 Hours/Year With 5 Time-Saving Techniques (TPS241)
- Introducing TEA: A Simple Framework for Getting Unstuck and Achieving Your Goals (TPS218)
- Keyboard Maestro
- A Comprehensive Video Guide to TextExpander
- MacStories Siri Shortcuts Archive
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.