I’m Thanh Pham, founder of Asian Efficiency, and today I’m with Rick Mathes. He is the owner and clinic director of The Egoscue Clinic in Austin, Texas. Rick and his wife have helped thousands of people get out of pain by helping them understand that if they’re hurt, the problem isn’t the condition of their body; it’s the position of their body. They use simple but powerful exercises to correct the reason why someone gets hurt so they can get back to doing the things they love to do.
I invited Rick to my home to have a fireside chat about Rick’s approach to productivity. We share his lessons from studying Getting Things Done and his favorite apps and tools for staying productive. We also go into detail how health is a key driver for productivity and you’ll learn how you can eliminate chronic pain that’s holding you back from being Asian Efficient.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Blinkist is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial. Go to Blinkist.com/TPS to learn more.
- How Rick survived a near-fatal car accident and came to the Egoscue method of therapy [3:15]
- Rick and Thanh’s shared passion for productivity and how they met [6:46]
- Why Rick focuses on health first to make him the most productive [8:54]
- Why sitting for long periods of time won’t be fixed by standing, and how to avoid the problems that come with it [14:16]
- How pain has become an epidemic, and what your body is trying to tell you when you are in pain [18:26]
- What basic exercises you can do to start living pain-free [22:17]
- Why the problem isn’t always where the pain is and how to find the source [25:58]
- The benefits of treating your job as a sport and preparing like an athlete [32:36]
- What a typical day and week looks like for Rick, and how he stays productive [34:31]
- How to bounce back after you drop your system or mess up for a few days [45:39]
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain
- The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
- Check out the The Egoscue Clinic of Austin Youtube Channel
- Productive Workouts and Recover Like a World-Class Athlete w/ Garrett Salpeter (TPS223)
Connect with Rick Mathes
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.