In today’s episode, we are going to get super-tactical. A question we get asked all the time is “what are your favorite apps?”, or “what is the best app for X?”
While we believe that the best app is the one that is best for YOU, there are some that prove themselves time and time again. Today we’re going to start a 3-part series going through our favorite apps, devices, and tools that make us more productive or just plain improve our lives — and we’ll start in this episode with our top 10 apps for the computer.
Thanks to Grammarly for supporting The Productivity Show. Grammarly is offering our listeners 20% off a Grammarly premium account. Go to Grammarly.com/TPS to learn more.
- Why a great app isn’t the first step towards productivity [4:51]
- The importance of having a password manager [8:34]
- Why Thanh chooses SublimeText over other text editing software [11:08]
- How Ulysses helps keep Brooks creative in his writing [13:30]
- Why BusyCal’s flexibility and compatibility with other apps makes it Thanh’s go to calendar app [15:49]
- How Brooks uses TripMode to control his network’s bandwidth, saving money and time [18:06]
- The app that Thanh uses every single day without thinking about it [21:43]
- How to give your Finder windows superpowers [27:53]
- Thanh’s scratchpad on Mac, and what he uses it for [31:27]
- Which apps the Asian Efficiency Dojo recommends [35:22]
- The apps that Thanh and Brooks have been using the longest [41:31]
- When and why you should switch productivity apps [42:23]
- Giftology – The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Client Retention
- Introducing TEA: A Simple Framework for Getting Unstuck and Achieving Your Goals (TPS218)
- 4 Tools to Automate Your Technology and Save 100+ Hours a Year (TPS242)
- The Ultimate Guide to Task Managers: Selecting the Right One w/ Mat Rhein (TPS194)
- Inspire Writer
- The Hybrid Calendar System That Will Help You Stay On Top Of Everything (TPS233)
- Little Snitch
- Virtual Box
- Sign up to learn more about the new nvULTRA
- Default Folder X
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Great list! One of the best productivity apps i've used for mac is 'ZuriWeb'. My other favourite app is 'Rectangle'.