In this episode, I am super excited to introduce Tim Stringer to the Productivity Show. Tim is a professionally-trained coach, productivity expert, and an accomplished yoga and meditation teacher. He’s the founder of Technically Simple and LearnOmniFocus.
As you can imagine, we cover a wide range of topics like how to best use a task manager for personal tasks, professional tasks, and team projects, what type of tasks to put where, and how a serious health issue led him to develop an approach he calls Holistic Productivity.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Thanks to Fiverr for supporting The Productivity Show. Fiverr is offering our listeners 10% off their first order by going to Fiverr.com and using the code TPS.
- How Tim got into the productivity space [2:12]
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [5:24]
- How Tim sells the concept of a task manager to somebody who believes they don’t need one [11:21]
- Which task managers and systems Tim uses and why [17:31]
- How Tim manages both his work and the collaborations he has with others with tools like Asana [21:27]
- Why Tim advises people to break down projects and larger tasks in their main task manager and not in team management apps [29:40]
- How integrating Zapier with your task and team management tools can streamline your workflow [32:29]
- How Tim segregates his work and personal actions in Omnifocus [36:53]
- Tim’s favorite new features in Omnifocus [39:18]
- The biggest challenges people face when starting with Omnifocus [45:06]
- What Tim wants to see in future development of Omnifocus features [47:50]
- Tim’s favorite tech tools to make his work life better and more efficient [51:59]
- How yoga and mindfulness fit into Tim’s daily productivity [1:00:38]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [1:04:04]
- Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business
- Stream Deck
- The Automators Podcast Episode 40: Automating with Tim Stringer
- Notion and Choosing The Right Productivity Tool For You w/ Francesco D’Alessio (TPS273)
- Bullet Journal
- Web Automation: The Easiest Way To Be More Productive Online (TPS282)
Connect with Tim Stringer
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.