If you’ve worked in a decently-sized organization, there’s a good chance that you are, have, or will at some point use Microsoft Outlook. It’s everywhere.
The problem is, most of us just start using it, and don’t spend any time making it work FOR us. In this episode, we’re going to share 5 – ok, more like 8 or 9, Outlook tips that have made us more productive and let us get back to doing our work instead of messing around in our Inbox.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Thanks to ExpressVPN for supporting The Productivity Show. ExpressVPN is offering our listeners an extra 3 months free on a one year package. Go to ExpressVPN.com/tps to learn more.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Blinkist is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial and 25% off your new subscription. Go to Blinkist.com/tps to learn more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:12]
- The introduction of TPS+! [7:03]
- Brooks’s and Marmel’s experience with Outlook, and why Brooks ditched all of his Google Suite for Microsoft 365 [11:24]
- Get the zen focus of minimal notifications without sacrificing important communications [15:35]
- How to reduce the clutter in your email inbox through auto filing meeting responses [24:05]
- Stop wasting time digging around your messages and use search folders [27:00]
- Make Outlook Mobile work for you and customize the swipe actions [29:51]
- Why Brooks and Marmel believe that Outlook has the most comprehensive and useful rules system of any email client [33:06]
- More quick tips to streamline and maximize your Outlook productivity [38:42]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [43:49]
- BOGI Microfiber Travel Sports Towel
- Microsoft 365
- Next-Level Email Processing: How to Handle Any Email in Your Inbox (TPS166)
- Optimize Outlook
- Upheaval: Turning Points for Nations in Crisis
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work
- MS Power Automate
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.