Getting Things Done, or GTD, is one of the most popular productivity systems on the planet, and for a good reason — it helps you be on top of your tasks and obligations by getting them out of your overloaded brain and into your trusted system, so you can focus on execution, not juggling.
In this episode, we’re going to examine some of the keys to being successful with GTD — we can all read the book and learn the tactical stuff, but how do you actually make it work for you and stick with it?
Thanks to ExpressVPN for supporting The Productivity Show. ExpressVPN is offering our listeners an extra 3 months free on a one year package. Go to ExpressVPN.com/tps to learn more.
Thanks to Masterclass for supporting The Productivity Show. Masterclass is offering our listeners 15% off your annual all-access pass at Masterclass.com/tps.
Thanks to Azlo for supporting The Productivity Show. Azlo is offering our listeners to Sign up today with no minimum deposit at Azlo.com/tps and get a free copy of Azlo’s small business starter guide.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:15]
- A quick overview of Getting Things Done and some quick recommendations for seasoned veterans [7:22]
- Why using your GTD system, you should always start with being clear on why you are using it [8:49]
- Why you should have as few places to write things down as you possibly can [20:39]
- Why avoiding any friction in the note-taking process is paramount [23:24]
- The simple rule that will remove a lot of simple tasks from your todo list [27:04]
- Why two tech-obsessed power users think you should print out a flowchart and stick it to your wall [31:40]
- The power of classical conditioning in helping you stick with your productivity system [35:24]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [40:41]
There are 5 steps to GTD
- Do You Struggle With These Mental Blocks? Remove And Turn Them To Your Advantage (TPS321)
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity
- Logitech MX Master 3 Mouse
- The 5 GTD Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes… Do You? (TPS309)
- Your GTD Weekly Review: Be Consistent And Achieve “Mind Like Water” Each Week (TPS311)
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Check out the Asian Efficiency courses Optimize Outlook, Inbox Detox, and Habits Crash Course
- Look at the GTD flowchart Brooks pinned up in his cubicle
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.