When searching for productivity apps, you’ll find thousands of apps out there. How do you know which one is right for you? What if you had a limited budget? It’s easy to spend hundreds of dollars on apps only to find out that most are garbage.
So in this episode, we set a challenge for ourselves with our top picks of productivity apps with a budget of only $100. We’ll have recommendations for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS so there’s something for everyone.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [1:35]
- What is Thanh’s top FREE productivity app? [7:26]
- Which calendar app is most effective? Thanh’s pick, or TPS Dojo’s pick? [11:21]
- What is the most important factor in a quality writing app? [12:38]
- How can remote workers communicate better with their teams? [14:02]
- How Brooks utilizes launcher apps for a more productive day [16:25]
- What is a productivity app that Thanh takes for granted the most? [18:24]
- What is one takeaway that Brooks has about most premium apps? [24:22]
- What is “capture”, and why is it important when getting things done? [26:34]
- How does Brooks utilize “mind maps” when thinking through a project? [29:40]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [34:10]
- Chaga Mushroom Powder
- Nespresso VirtuoPlus + Aeroccino 3
- The Nudge
- Fantastical (Mac/iOS)
- Outlook (Windows)
- Byword (Mac/iOS)
- Scrivener (Windows)
- Skitch (MacOS)
- Snagit (Windows)
- Wox (Windows)
- Spotify Premium
- ToothFairy (Mac)
- OmniFocus Pro (Mac)
- Todoist (Windows)
- Drafts (Mac/iOS)
- Idea Note (Android)
- MindNode (Mac)
- Mind Meister (Windows)
- 1Password Family
- Keyboard Maestro
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.