On The Productivity Show we’ve talked a lot about the power of habits but we know it can be difficult to add new habits to your life. One strategy that helps you introduce new habits is called “habit stacking” and that’s what we’ll be going over today.
It’s an easy way to add habits and I’ve used this myself in the last decade before it even had a name. So if you’re struggling with habits, listen up and pay attention!
You’ll discover how you can easily add 3 new habits right away.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Sleep more, stress less, live better with Calm. Go to calm.com/tps and get 40% on your Calm premium subscription.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/364.
- Top 3 productivity resources for this week. [3:05]
- Why do we have so much trouble creating habits? [6:03]
- What is the habit stacking formula? [9:23]
- How does Thanh use the habit stacking formula? [11:14]
- What is the Achilles Heel of habit stacking? [14:49]
- How does Thanh use habit stacking in his personal life? [19:40]
- What is the final tip for habit stacking? [24:22]
- How does Thanh approach the final tip for habit stacking? [26:51]
- Book: 5 Minute Journal
- Book: Atomic Habits
- Tiny Habits
- Atomic Habits: 4 Laws for Changing Your Identity & Living the Life You Want w/ James Clear (TPS217)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.