Today’s episode is going to be slightly different than what you might be used to from us.
We’re always looking for ways to make the podcast better, more fun, and insightful.
Every podcast episode is still actionable but the format might be different every now and then like today’s episode.
We are going to talk about something that has been in the news a LOT this year: what has been called The Great Resignation.
Records keep being broken for people INTENTIONALLY leaving their jobs, often without another job lined up yet.
This is happening in all sectors of the economy; especially in the US, but in many other countries as well.
Stat from The Atlantic: 1 in 14 employees in the “accommodations and food services” sector left a job in a single month.
It’s not just limited to that though!
Companies are offering signing & referral bonuses more than ever before (just ask Brooks’ wife!)
A PwC survey found that 65% of US employees are looking for a new job.
One of the things we like to say at AE is: happy people are productive people!
Whether you’re an employee, manager, or boss – we’ll go over how the Great Resignation impacts you and what you can do about it moving forward to have a happy and productive life.
Thanks to Mack Weldon for supporting The Productivity Show. For 20% off your first order, visit mackweldon.com/TPS with promo code TPS.
Thank you Hawthorne. Take your quiz and get 10% off your first purchase at hawthorne.co with code TPS.
Thanks to Masterworks. To skip to the front of the line and get your VIP pass for Priority Access, go to masterworks.io/TPS
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/380.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [4:06]
- How does Brooks feel The Great Resignation has been affecting the average TPS listener? [6:48]
- What are some things Thanh thinks are contributing to The Great Resignation? [11:14]
- What happens to the people left behind at their jobs in The Great Resignation? [14:15]
- How does Brooks think perspectives on The Great Resignation vary across generations? [15:19]
- How does Thanh feel that The Great Resignation is affecting managers? [17:22]
- What is “the perfect job” like, according to Thanh? [18:57]
- What does Brooks think a modern-day boss/manager needs to know to keep their people? [22:05]
- How does Thanh think a modern-day boss/manager can keep their people? [25:07]
- What is Thanh’s biggest piece of advice to participants of The Great Resignation? [36:05]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life [40:00]
- Book: Radical Candor- Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity
- Logitech Brio
- Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-In Waterproofing
- Quote: Adam Grant (Wall Street Journal)
- Antiwork: Unemployment for all, not just the rich!
- AE Communication Guidelines
- How I Made 200 Friends in One Year
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!