In today’s episode, we’re going to share how to set boundaries and SAY NO.
This is the last episode of 2021. If you could set one intention for this upcoming year, a great one is to say NO to more things to prevent yourself from being overcommitted.
It’s hard for a lot of us – me (Brooks) included. Saying no is my productivity kryptonite.
You find yourself overwhelmed with everything you need to do, and you find it hard to find time the work on the things you WANT or NEED to.
You end up missing commitments or dropping the ball because you can’t bring yourself to say no to things that realistically, you aren’t going to be able to do (or do well).
Thanks to Truebill.com/TPS. It could save you thousands a year.
For a limited time, get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at Calm.com/tps
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/384.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [3:25]
- What is the first tip to properly setting boundaries? [7:06]
- How has Thanh’s experience been learning how to say no? [9:36]
- How do you plan your future commitments based on today’s circumstances? [17:22]
- What is tip #3 3 for learning how to set boundaries? [20:17]
- How does Thanh use clarifying questions to get out of commitments? [25:17]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life [33:05]
- Book: The ONE Thing, by Gary Keller & Jay Papasan
- Book: Nonviolent Communication, by Marshall Rosenburg
- Book: Your Erroneous Zones, by Wayne Dyer
- Article: Saying No, by Seth Godin
- Book: Do Great Worth, by Michael Stanier
- TEA Framework
- Productivity Academy
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.