Today’s episode is a new format we’re experimenting with. We know many of you like listening to podcasts to learn new things and also to stay on top of what’s happening in the world. So we thought it would be helpful to also share some industry news on the podcast so you’re always up to date with the latest news around productivity apps, tools, books, and everything else in between.
Aside from the industry news, we also have 3 important topics to go over:
Are you a jerk if you send someone your Calendly link?
Do you still have to pay for a text expander type of app anymore?
Is TikTok worthwhile for learning new skills?
Free $75 credit to boost your post at Indeed.com/TPS. Terms and conditions apply. Offer valid through March 31, 2022.
Thanks also to Coda. To get a $1,000 credit on your first statement, sign up at coda.io/tps
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/394.
- What are the topics of the day? [2:06]
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [2:56]
- What’s trending in the industry right now? [5:13]
- What is Brooks’ input on what’s trending? [7:15]
- What did Brooks mean by the title “Are you a Jerk for using Calendly?” [11:14]
- What are Thanh’s thoughts on the etiquette of Calendly links? [13:26]
- What is the biggest Calendly faux pas? [16:37]
- What is Brooks’ take on the viability of TextExpander in a world of free alternatives? [19:43]
- Who is Miss Excel, and what does she do? [31:12]
- What does Thanh think of TikTok? [32:20]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life. [36:31]
- Book: The Practice of Groundedness, by Brad Stulberg
- SongShift (App)
- TuneMyMusic (SongShift Alternative)
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Fantastical (App)
- Microsoft Stream
- Sam Lessin Calendly Tweet
- Article: Calendly Etiquette
- TextExpander Blog: A Look At Your Stats
- TextExpander, 20% Discount
- Miss Excel (TikTok Tips)
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Show Notes
- Take the Productivity Quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast, or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!