Imagine you lost everything. How do you overcome that?
I was recently traveling in Europe and had… an incident. Long story short, I lost pretty much EVERYTHING except my phone.
As I recovered from this, I found that there are some things I had done well that helped me out, and there were some lessons learned that will make my life easier in the future if something like this ever happens again.
You may never be in a situation where you get robbed on a train in The Netherlands – at least we hope not! But a lot can happen to your important information.
- Your laptop can get stolen out of your trunk
- You could have a fire or flood
- There could be a ransomware attack
- Your cloud service could shut down, crash, or get hacked
In this episode, we are going to talk about some ways you can protect your important digital and physical information, so it is there when you need it.
- Thanh’s lessons learned from this stressful and productivity-killing event
- How to access your important information from anywhere, even if you don’t feel comfortable using cloud services
- The 3-2-1 Rule that will make sure your data is safe, no matter what happens.
Free $75 credit to boost your post at Indeed.com/TPS, plus earn up to $500 extra in sponsored job credits with Indeed’s Virtual Interviews. Terms and conditions apply.
Thanks to Avast.com!
Try Zapier for free today at zapier.com/TPS
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/409.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [3:21]
- How exactly did Thanh lose everything but his phone on a trip to Europe? [5:25]
- What was Thanh able to get to and do without any documents in Europe? [11:28]
- What sort of things did Thanh do to secure his belongings/data before this trip, and what did he change afterward? [13:31]
- How would Thanh handle his tech differently if he could re-do his Europe trip? [15:28]
- What is the first tech tip to protect from losing important belongings? [17:07]
- How did Thanh create and store digital copies of his documents to counteract his backpack theft? [19:46]
- What is the 3-2-1 rule? [27:58]
- How does Thanh make sure he has copies of important documents in several places? [30:54]
- What is tip number 3 for being prepared when traveling abroad? [34:50]
- Who does Thanh rely on to help get to important information in a pinch? [37:14]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life. [40:45]
- File History (Windows)
- Time Machine (Mac)
- ScannerPro (iOS)
- Adobe Scan (Android)
- Apple AirTags
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast, or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!