Discover a simple party-hosting formula with step-by-step instructions that help you meet new people, strengthen your relationships, and make you the person everyone wants to know.
We also cover:
- How to host your first party and meet new people
- The 3 common mistakes you must avoid when you host social gatherings
- The word-for-word script of what to text people so they show up to your event
Go to Shopify.com/tps for a FREE trial.
Thanks, RocketMoney.com/tps. It could save you hundreds a year.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/426.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [2:04]
- How does Nick’s upbringing factor into his hospitality? [4:24]
- What did Nick spend his time doing in college? [7:42]
- How did Nick start Museum Hacks? [10:14]
- How did Nick figure out the types of events he puts on in the current day? [14:20]
- What makes adult friendship so difficult, according to Nick? [19:12]
- What is the “NICK” Framework?” [22:50]
- Why does Nick suggest not having a beer at networking events? [25:21]
- What is the value of hosting gatherings at home to Nick? [27:38]
- What makes for a good hosting space? [30:07]
- Why are nametags important to Nick? [32:13]
- What is an icebreaker to Nick? [36:43]
- What does the final letter in the NICK process stand for? [47:00]
- What is the “party runway?” [49:57]
- How many guests does Nick suggest aiming for when hosting cocktail parties? [51:49]
- What is Nick’s “secret weapon” for building a social life? [54:51]
- How does Nick recommend inviting people to events? [56:42]
- Does Nick have fun at his own parties? [1:00:06]
- What is a big life philosophy Thanh has that relates most to hosting events? [1:04:53]
- How much does it cost to host a party? [1:06:43]
- Why a cocktail party over a dinner party? [1:08:09]
- How does Thanh have no cancellations for events he hosts? [1:12:04]
- What is different about how Thanh does parties? [1:15:50]
- Why does Nick hesitate to allow people to bring a +1 to his parties? [1:19:29]
- How can people with kids successfully host cocktail parties? [1:22:05]
- What are some “horror stories” Nick has had hosting parties? [1:24:30]
- What did Nick do for his 40th birthday party? [1:27:58]
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- Recomendo Newsletter
- Roborock Vacuum
- Rtings Reviews
- Book: 2-hour Cocktail Party, By Nick Gray
- Nick Gray TEDx Talk
- Nick Gray Friends Newsletter
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
Connect with Nick Gray
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!