Is discomfort actually a good thing? Many of us do whatever we can to avoid it, but in reality, discomfort can be a feedback system, and can help point us forward.
In this episode, we’re joined by entrepreneur and keynote speaker Sterling Hawkins about the topic of discomfort and how you not only want to embrace discomfort, but seek it out.
Go to Shopify.com/tps for a FREE trial.
Thanks RocketMoney.com/tps. It could save you hundreds a year.
Learn more at https://theproductivityshow.com/435
Become a member of TPS+ and get ad-free episodes a week before anyone else with other great bonuses like the famous “One Tweak A Week” shirt.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [2:20]
- What led Sterling towards the concept of discomfort professionally? [4:09]
- How would Sterling define “discomfort?” [9:17]
- What is Sterling’s framework of “5 Discomforts?” [16:51]
- What is Pike Syndrome? [25:17]
- How would Sterling recommend identifying your discomforts? [34:33]
- How would Sterling suggest seeking out new challenges? [37:07]
- What is the final step to hunting discomfort? [41:20]
- Action step you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [43:45]
- Book: The Presence Process, by Michael Brown
- Sam Abraham Yoga
- Discomfort Emotion Wheel
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
Connect with Sterling Hawkins
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!