Chris Bailey spent a year trying out different productivity concepts, using himself as the subject of his experiments. Mike Schmitz talks with Chris about what he learned from experiments such as not talking to other humans for 10 days, working only 20 hours one week, and more. They also discuss other topics covered in Chris’s new book, The Productivity Project.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- How Chris overcame a devastating injury that happened abroad while he was writing his book
- How setting three intentions per day and how that can help you take significant progress on your goals
- The difference between contentment and complacency and how expressing gratitude can help keep you moving forward
- Simple tactics you can use to cultivate happiness and train your brain to think more positively
- How looking back at what you have accomplished helps you feel empowered to take on the next task
- The most meaningful productivity experiment Chris conducted while writing his book and the impact it still has on him today
- Why waking up early might not actually make you more productive (contrary to popular opinion)
- The surprising results that Chris achieved when he decided to work for only 20 hours in a week
- Why your productivity is determined by how you manage your time, attention, and energy
- How you can figure out your own biological prime time and maximize your productivity by focusing on when you work
- One tip keep your email processing time to a minimum
- How increasing your productivity can lead you to live a more meaningful life
- Why not all tasks are created equal and how you can level up your productivity by choosing the constraints you choose to operate within
- What Chris’s daily routine looks like
- Why he disconnects from devices and the Internet every evening and the benefits
- TPS35: A Year of Productivity w/ Chris Bailey
- The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy
- Peter Drucker
Connect with Chris Bailey
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.