Mike and Thanh discuss the tools, environments, and time needed to do your best work – deep work. Deep work is when you are devoting your entire attention to your most important task, and it’s something many people struggle with. In this episode we cover ideas like clearing to neutral, managing your energy levels, sounds and music that promote deep work, and more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- Why people struggle to make time to do deep work
- The ritual Thanh follows when he does deep work
- Why you should try working in 90 minute cycles
- The things that you need to do to really move the needle when it comes to being productive
- Setting up your environment so it is easier to do deep work
- The importance of clearing to neutral and how it can help you get started quicker
- Managing your energy levels in order to maximize the effectiveness of your deep work
- Essential tips for working from coffee shops efficiently
- Sounds and music that you can use to stimulate productivity
- How items, events, and environments can act as an anchor that triggers deep work
- Why you should really consider using a Pomodoro timer when doing deep work
- How to create the time and space to do deep work effectively
- The importance of scheduling time to do your deep work on your calendar
- How to implement the 80/20 principle when doing deep work
- Why a standing desk can significantly boost your productivity
- How an external monitor can help you work more efficiently
- How changing up your space can inspire deep work
- TPS88: Deep Work w/ Cal Newport
- 5 Ways to Apply the 80/20 Rule To Free Up 2+ Hours A Week (TPS118)
- 3 Keys to Using the 80/20 Rule in Your Business for Exponential Growth (TPS119)
- Back to Basics: Clearing to Neutral
- How to Get Things Done at Coffee Shops and Cafes Like You Would at the Office
- [email protected]
- Bose QuietComfort 20 | Bose QuietComfort 25
- Esington Glass Productivity Timer
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.