If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Luckily for you, planning is much easier than you think. It all starts with planning the perfect day and then the perfect week. You’ll learn how to be in control of your schedule and make the planning process easy (and not so intimidating). Whether you have kids, run your own business or work in a big company – there are 5 things you want to watch out for when you plan your week. Thanh and Brooks discuss what has worked for them and the Asian Efficiency team, and what they’ve learned from evolving their planning process over many years.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Things you want to pay attention to when you plan your week [0:45]
- How Thanh’s and Brooks’s planning process has changed over time [4:31]
- Why you want to be proactive about your week and not reactive [7:35]
- The big rock approach to planning the week and the process approach [8:56]
- How Thanh uses leading indicators to plan [9:49]
- Why thinking time can be a leading indicator [15:44]
- How meeting with influencers can help you in the long term [19:29]
- Why conferences are important even though it’s hard to attach an ROI to them [27:12]
- Using customer research to grow your business and stay in tune with the marketplace [30:01]
- Why leading indicators don’t need to have immediate effects [37:09]
- Finding and recruiting great talent for your team [43:40]
- How deep work can be scheduled into your week to create value [51:02]
- How leading indicators can also be created for your personal life [56:57]
- Ways to track your leading indicators [59:52]
5 Leading Indicators
- Thinking time
- Meeting with influencers
- Customer research
- Finding and recruiting people to come work for us
- Deep Work
- How I Plan My Week as a CEO
- 3 Keys to Planning the Perfect Week (TPS156)
- Thinking Time: the Counterintuitive Approach to Growth (TPS162)
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- TPS88: Deep Work w/ Cal Newport
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
- How to Take Massive Action on Your Goals by Implementing the 12 Week Year Effectively (TPS138)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.