There is a lot of information out there about working from home, but most of it is little hacks and tips and tricks. Those are definitely useful, but they ignore the mental and physical side of being stuck at home.
We always say that happy people are productive people, and that theory has never been tested more than right now while so many people are stuck at home trying to get things done.
In this episode, we’ll share 4 important things you can do to be happy, healthy, and sane when stuck at home.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [1:50]
- What Brooks and Thanh are learning about their work habits in quarantine [6:34]
- Why it’s important to try and stick with your routine as much as possible [10:49]
- Make sleep and exercise a high priority to stay healthy during quarantine [15:58]
- What Thanh’s personal trainer recommended for a minimal home gym and workout [19:32]
- Why we all need to make sure we are socializing as much as we can [26:46]
- Why socializing doesn’t necessarily mean reaching out to people out of the house [35:17]
- Disconnect when you can! [37:06]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [45:41]
- COVID-19 Guide from the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Tune into the LIVE “Do The Damn Thing” session about working from home
- Family and Working From Home: How To Get Things Done When You’re Stuck Together 24/7 (TPS298)
- The article linked to Charlotte Armitage’s (a media and business psychologist at YAFTA) post about routines
- Learn more about the effects of exercise on depression
- Do These 3 Things, and Your Energy and Productivity Will Skyrocket (TPS238)
- Check out this article from the American Psychological Association, The risks of social isolation
- How to Focus While Fear, News and Social Media Is Dominating Your Life (TPS296)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.