We are honored to have David Allen on the podcast, as we have mentioned his Getting Things Done methodology on almost every episode. Zack and David discuss the updated version of David’s book, how to change your habit and clear your mind, and how David implements his own methodology.
- Why David thinks starting with the immediate mess on your desk is more important than starting with your goals
- How to get in the driver’s seat of your life
- About open loops
- How long it takes for people to change a habit
- Why people fall off the habit and how to overcome it
- The famous people that David has coached on the GTD methodology
- The value of having space in your head
- Why constraints are the seed-bed of creativity
- What Contexts are and which ones are relevant
- What contexts David uses
- About the weekly review and what David does during his weekly review
- The rituals that he does every day
- Getting Things Done (the book that started it all, updated for 2015)
- GTD in 15 Minutes (a guide)
- Getting to Inbox Zero
- A Guided GTD Weekly Review (podcast)
Book, tool, ritual
- BrainChains by Dr Theo Compernolle
- Tiny Habits – by Dr. BJ Fogg
- Emptying his head and inbox once a day
Connect with David Allen
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!