The 80/20 rule states that 80% of your output is going to come from only 20% of your input. So how do we make our input work harder for us to get more done in less time? By leveraging other people’s time. Time is our most valuable resource, and in this episode Zack discusses the two documents that can set your business up for success by putting your team in a position to make decisions, create processes, and free up more time for your most important work.
- Why time is the great limiting factor we are all bound by and what you can to maximize it
- How to leverage other people’s time to make your organization or business more efficient and productive
- What two documents are essential for the 80/20 rule to work
- How to establish decision-making guidelines so your team can make progress without micromanagement
- Why it is important to create documentation for creating documentation (and why we have an SOP on creating SOPs)
- What SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are all about and why they are so important
- How your values for your organization translate into your decision-making guidelines (and why that’s a good thing)
- How to implement these two essential documents so that you can start delegating (and your team can start winning)
- TPS65: Create Your Manifesto
- TPS66: The Asian Efficiency Core Values
- TPS28: Working the System w/ Sam Carpenter
- Work the System by Sam Carpenter
- Asian Efficiency’s Core Values
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.