In Part 2 of our conversation with Stephen Warley, we dive deeper into life skills that matter for the self-employed and freelancers. We talk about the need for continued education, how to align all of your daily habits towards your purpose, reframing your mindset around working hours and how much money you really need to make.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- The importance of figuring out what makes you productive instead of just copying someone else
- Why you need to keep learning and how it can help you advance your career
- The real reason why people get stuck between who they are supposed to be and who they want to be (and how to overcome this)
- How to effectively organize your time when you suddenly become your own boss
- Tips to help you understand your larger life purpose
- The benefit of surrounding yourself with people who are doing what you want to do
- Why you should pick one thing to change at a time and not five
- How to find your peak performance period to maximize your productivity during the day
- Why you don’t actually need to work 8 hours a day
- The benefits that come from reframing your mindset on your ideas surrounding work
- Why embracing discomfort will help you learn more effectively
- Part 1: TPS103 Life Skills That Matter w/ Stephen Warley
- TPS92: No More Underpants w/ Steve Kamb of Nerdfitness
- TPS Episodes on Habits/Rituals:
- Daily Rituals: How Artists Work
- Ryan Holiday
- A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy
- Use the Lifestyle Calculator and see how much you actually need to make to live the life that you want.
Connect with Stephen Warley
- For a 30 day free trial, be sure to enter the word ‘productivity’ in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.