Everyone wants to make more money and work less hours, and in this episode Josh Fonger shows us how it’s possible using simple systems mechanics. Josh is a business performance architect and the co-founder of Work The System. He is an international business consultant, coach, and speaker. He’s had the unique experience of personally helping hundreds of businesses grow simply, using the WTS Method. His specialty is taking stressed out entrepreneurs from working “in” their business to working “on” their business using systems so that profit and freedom become a consistent mechanical reality.
Work the System is where Mike first heard about The Systems Mindset, so he’s thrilled to have Josh on the show to talk about the benefits of the systems mindset, the different kinds of systems that compose your life and how to make small improvements that translate into big results. They talk about the Work the System formula, key principles that will help you make the most of the systems in your life, and the perspective you need to develop in order to see systems correctly.
Thanks to HelloFresh for supporting The Productivity Show. Receive $30 off your first week of deliveries when you go to HelloFresh.com/TPS30 and use the offer code TPS30.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- How Josh became connected with Sam and started coaching businesses [1:58]
- Organic vs Mechanical systems [6:48]
- What Josh tries to fix first when he starts to work the system with clients [12:32]
- How systems can improve your personal life [18:37]
- The benefit of a business embracing the systems mindset [20:15]
- Why it’s important to memorialize your wins [26:20]
- How small improvements over time can produce big results [29:48]
- The Work the System formula [32:28]
- The 4 main components of the Work the System method [42:51]
- Why a simple solution is usually the correct solution [48:43]
- Why improving systems will improve your emotional state [57:56]
- Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less
- The Systems Mindset: Managing the Machinery of Your Life
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.