Today Brooks and Mike continue the conversation that Thanh and Mike began last week on the TEA framework, a simple mental model to help you identify which levers to pull to get unstuck and help you reach your full potential. We’ll dive deep on the first pillar of the TEA Framework, explain the 3 parts of making the most of your time, give you guiding questions to help you identify where you can make improvements, and give you several resources to help making the necessary changes even easier. At the end of today’s episode, we give simple and practical action steps to stop spinning your wheels and start making the most of your limited time.
Thanks to LinkedIn for supporting The Productivity Show. For $50 off of your first job post on LinkedIn Jobs, go to LinkedIn.com/TPS.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Dissecting the first pillar of TEA – Time [1:37]
- How to start by looking at the systems in your life [4:12]
- Strategies for getting through the business of your day [12:53]
- Using other people to help you get things done [27:31]
- Why communication is so important and how to communicate better on a team [35:49]
- How to know if you should be looking into optimizing your time [42:43]
- Introducing TEA: A Simple Framework for Getting Unstuck and Achieving Your Goals (TPS218)
- Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work
- The Simple Guide to Managing Your Email More Efficiently (Blog)
- Next-Level Email Processing: How to Handle Any Email in Your Inbox (Podcast)
- 5 Ways to Turn an Unproductive Day Around (Blog)
- The Overwhelm Survival Kit: Strategies to Help You Get the Space & Control You Need (Podcast)
- Eat That Frog – Do Your Most Important Tasks in the Morning (Blog)
- Pomodoro 2.0 w/ Esington Method Founder Rudy Marsh
- How to Help Other People Become Productive (Blog)
- The CEO’s Secret to Productivity: An Executive Assistant (Podcast)
- Working with People Who Don’t Understand Productivity (Blog)
- 4 Strategies for Making Your Friends & Family More Productive (Podcast)
- 10 Ways You Can Increase the Productivity of Your Team (Blog)
- A Professional Scrum Master’s Best Advice for a Productive Team w/ Lucas Smith (Podcast)
- GTD 101: The Beginner’s Guide to Getting Things Done (Blog)
- Systems Thinking: The Secret to Achieving Any Goal (Blog)
- Think Like a Geek: How Simple Systems Lead to Sustainable Success (Podcast)
- 5 Common Mistakes That Cause the 12 Week Year to Fail (Blog)
- How to Get GTD to Work for You (Podcast)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.