We’re back for the conclusion to our series on the TEA Framework, a simple mental model to help you identify and overcome the specific productivity obstacles that may be keeping you from reaching your full potential. Today Brooks and Mike will be diving into the last of the 3 Pillars of Productivity and talking about attention – What it is, how it works, why it’s important, and what you can do to make sure you stay focused on what’s most important to you.
Thanks to Slack for supporting The Productivity Show. Learn more at Slack.com.
This show is also supported by SkillShare. SkillShare is offering our listeners 2 months of unlimited access to over 20,000 classes for just $0.99. To sign up, go to SkillShare.com/TPS.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Recapping the 3 pillars of the TEA framework [1:50]
- What Mike and Brooks have done when everything on their to-do list looks like the most important thing [6:56]
- The positive effects of being more focused and having more attention [12:27]
- The 3 main components to attention [22:06]
- Tips for creating more focus time [26:51]
- Why we are big fans of over-ear headphones [36:26]
- Why goals are important for improving your focus [41:07]
- Tips for developing better goals [48:45]
- Tips for developing the right mindset [1:00:47]
- Action steps for those who want to start claiming more attention towards what you want to do [1:03:40]
- Introducing TEA: A Simple Framework for Getting Unstuck and Achieving Your Goals (TPS218)
- TEA Framework, Level 1: Making the Most of Your Limited Time (TPS219)
- TEA Framework, Level 2: Maximizing Your Energy (TPS220)
- The Productivity Killer We Face 35,000 Times Each Day (TPS147)
- Change Your Mind, Change Your Life: How a Growth Mindset Leads You to Your Ideal Future (TPS171)
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Focus Tips From the Most Productive Man You’d Ever Hope to Meet w/ Chris Bailey (TPS213)
- Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction
- Cortex podcast
- Downtime on iOS
- Bose QC 35
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
- Atomic Habits: 4 Laws for Changing Your Identity & Living the Life You Want w/ James Clear (TPS217)
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- 3 Keys to Making This the Year Your New Year’s Resolutions Finally Stick (TPS176)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.