This episode is all about how to maximize the value you get from conferences. We’ll share strategies and tips for how to pick the right conference to go to, how to implement what you’ve learned, how to maximize your time at a conference and make sure it’s worth your time and money – especially if you’re introverted!
- What Brooks has learned from attending hundreds of conferences [1:30]
- How to pick a conference to attend [7:30]
- The true cost of going to a conference [16:41]
- Tips for traveling to conferences [25:11]
- How to pack for a conference [36:36]
- How to maximize your time when you are at the conference [44:35]
- The concept of “un-conferencing” [53:58]
- How to take good notes [57:43]
- Networking tips for introverts [1:05:04]
- How to keep track of expenses when traveling [1:14:02]
- What to do once you get back from the conference [1:17:13]
- How to Effectively Read and Implement Books
- Blog post: Why I decided not to go to a conference and what I’m doing instead
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!