The more people you have in your family, the more having a reliable and trusted family calendar becomes critical. How do you keep everyone in the loop, and do it in a way that avoids conflict and mismatched expectations?
We’ll share the 3 requirements a family calendar needs to have, best practices around sharing a family calendar, and one activity that will make sure that everyone knows what the plan is for the week.
Thanks to eero for supporting The Productivity Show. eero is offering our listeners $100 off the eero base unit and two beacons package, and one year of eero plus. Visit eero.com/tps and at checkout, enter TPS.
- Why it’s important to have a shared calendar for your family [5:08]
- How a calendar solves problems and helps reduce unwanted situations [10:08]
- How to build and cement a routine for your family [12:39]
- What has happened with Brooks in the past when he wasn’t using a calendar, or when it was misused [15:41]
- The three things that are critical to have with a family calendar [24:34]
- What technology Brooks uses for his family’s calendar system [27:07]
- How a few best practices can help perfect your family calendar [30:28]
- How Thanh recommends the best way to get started in implementing the family calendar [40:46]
- Why Brooks believes that everybody should have some unstructured time in their calendar [42:03]
- Mpow CD Slot Car Phone Mount
- You Need A Budget
- Monopoly Deal Card Game
- The Hybrid Calendar System That Will Help You Stay On Top Of Everything (TPS233)
- Would You Like A Team Calendar That Gets Everyone Aligned? Use “The Anchor” (TPS234)
- Achieving Next-Level Productivity Through Conative Understanding w/ David Kolbe (TPS197)
- Simple Strategies To Find Time to Parent Without Feeling Guilty w/ Julie Morgenstern (TPS232)
- Brooks’ whiteboard
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.