I’m joined this time by Cathryn Lavery. She’s the co-founder of the Best Self company that you might recognize as the creator of the Self Planner and Self Journal. Cathryn considers herself a maker and creator so we dove deep into how she approaches the creative process, gets things done and what her personal productivity system is.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Get started today at Indeed.com/tps.
Thanks also to Freshbooks for supporting The Productivity Show. Freshbooks is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial, no catch and no credit card required. Go to Freshbooks.com/tps and enter TPS in the “How did you hear about us” section to get started.
- Cathryn’s three favorite productivity resources [1:34]
- How Cathryn accidentally made productivity into her job [4:18]
- What makes Cathryn’s Self Journal so effective [9:38]
- The strategies and productivity tools Cathryn had before she started Best Self [11:50]
- How Cathryn’s weekly structure works with her creativity to maximize her most productive times [16:29]
- How Best Self evolved from productivity into a more holistic brand [26:46]
- What benefits the Oura Ring has had in Cathryn’s life [34:00]
- Why you should work with people who are passionate about what they do [47:00]
- How Cathryn uses the Best Self products in her own life, and surprising stories from other Best Self clients [50:17]
- Self Journal
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM)
- Oura Ring
- Landmark Forum
- CITYROW GO
- Productive Workouts and Recover Like a World-Class Athlete w/ Garrett Salpeter (TPS223)
Connect with Cathryn Lavery
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.