Do you have trouble achieving your goals? Even if you’ve meticulously planned out your year, taking those plans and translating them into accomplishments doesn’t always work out the way you hope.
A powerful framework for achieving your goals is called The 12 Week Year, which is based on a book by Brian Moran and Michael Lennington.
In this episode, we revisit The 12 Week Year and share 5 tips that will help you succeed with it and accomplish your goals faster and more consistently.
Thanks to Freshbooks for supporting The Productivity Show. Freshbooks is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial, no catch and no credit card required. Go to Freshbooks.com/tps and enter TPS in the “How did you hear about us” section to get started.
Thanks to Grammarly for supporting The Productivity Show. Grammarly is offering our listeners 20% off their premium account. Go to Grammarly.com/tps to get 20% off your premium account today.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Brooks’s and Thanh’s top 3 productivity resources for the week [3:24]
- What the 12 Week Year is and why the Asian Efficiency community loves it [5:13]
- Why you should focus on fewer goals than you think [11:06]
- The power of knowing your “why” when setting your goals [19:24]
- What tracking your actions does for accomplishing your 12 Week Year goals [23:42]
- The difference between measuring lead instead of lag indicators [31:21]
- Accountability buddies and how it can increase your motivation when you feel like you don’t have any left [37:04]
- Action steps that can help you get started on your 12 Week Year [41:25]
- Pocket Biases
- How to Beat Your Brain and Conquer Cognitive Biases to Make Better Decisions (TPS152)
- CableCreation 2-in-1 Cable
- How to Take Massive Action on Your Goals by Implementing the 12 Week Year Effectively (TPS138)
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
- Check out the 12 Week Year Dojo course
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.