I did a Google search for “productivity advice”, and it brought back 210,000,000 results. A lot of those results are giving the same advice over and over, and a lot of time we just accept it. Someone puts it in a book, so it must be true!
Here’s the thing though: it may not be true for YOU.
In this episode, we are going to share our controversial opinions on productivity. Things that we believe, even though they may not be conventional wisdom or people may not be willing to talk about.
Thanks to Freshbooks for supporting The Productivity Show. Freshbooks is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial, no catch and no credit card required. Go to Freshbooks.com/tps and enter TPS in the “How did you hear about us” section to get started.
Thanks also to Fiverr for supporting The Productivity Show. Fiverr is offering our listeners 10% off their first order by going to Fiverr.com and using the code TPS.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:21]
- What “Time Arbitrage” is and why Thanh believes it is the key to getting more productive hours out of your day [6:01]
- Why even though you _think_ you’re a night owl, you’re probably not [9:33]
- How having a day of only meetings can free up a lot of time and deep work disruption [12:05]
- What to do if you want a meeting day but aren’t in charge of scheduling meetings [20:34]
- Why DIY is often not efficient at all [24:27]
- Believe it or not, doing your most important task first is NOT necessarily the golden rule of productivity [39:03]
- 8 Strategies for Waking Up Early and Becoming a Morning Person (TPS130)
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’tscaling up book
- 6 Tips for Running More Effective Meetings (TPS195)
- How I Spend $5,000 a Month to Win Back Time and Make Me Happier
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- Eat That Frog – Do Your Most Important Tasks In The Morning
- Can The “Sandwich Technique” Solve Your Focus Problems? w/ Erin Chase (TPS226)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.