Do you find yourself with scattered thoughts, not sure what to work on at the start of your day, or do you go to bed with thoughts, tasks, and ideas swirling around in your head?
One of the most underrated but powerful productivity techniques is to journal. It’s something that anyone can do, and it is so easy to get started.
However, there is a difference between just jotting down thoughts and journaling to really improve your productivity — and that is what we are going to help you within this episode. We’re going to take you through 4 tips to start journaling and we’ll show you how to be consistent with it going forward.
Thanks to ExpressVPN for supporting The Productivity Show. ExpressVPN is offering our listeners an extra 3 months free on a one year package. Go to ExpressVPN.com/tps to learn more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:34]
- The connection between journaling and productivity [4:42]
- How knowing your “why” for journaling can be the best way to stick with journaling long-term [6:20]
- Pick a medium that you enjoy to journal [14:12]
- Two of the most popular ways that you can use your journal [21:53]
- How you can use your journal to help shape the way you think [26:54]
- Why it is important to make your journaling a routine [29:11]
- Brooks’s and Thanh’s journaling rituals [30:55]
- Why you should regularly review your journal entries [37:55]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [47:10]
- BestSelf Journal
- A Maker and Creative Entrepreneur Reveals Her Personal Productivity System (w/ Best Self’s Cathryn Lavery) (TPS284)
- Jarvis Standing Desk
- Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It
- Join the Dojo to register for the 6/2 DTDT Call on Journaling
- TPS69: Journaling w/ Kendra Wright
- 5 Reasons Why You Need to Start Journaling
- Bullet Journal
- Day One
- Mac Journal
- TextExpander Snippets for Journaling Prompts
- How To Make Journaling A Ritual
- Keyboard Maestro
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.