Digital clutter is the hidden enemy of productivity.
Bit by bit, it steals your time, energy, and attention. And since we use our computers, tablets, and phones so much every single day, the distraction and wasted time really adds up.
In this episode, we will share 5 ways you can do a digital declutter, and for each one, we’ll give you tips to STAY decluttered.
Thanks to ExpressVPN for supporting The Productivity Show. ExpressVPN is offering our listeners an extra 3 months free on a one year package. Go to ExpressVPN.com/tps to learn more.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:38]
- What “digital clutter” is and what you can get from a “digital declutter” [7:04]
- Why a digital detox is not the same as a digital declutter [9:28]
- The key places on your computer you want to keep clean and distraction-free [13:30]
- How Thanh’s folder and file management has changed for the better over the years [20:35]
- The dangers of using your email inbox as a todo list and how to make your email a safer place to go during your workday [24:06]
- Why not decluttering your phone can lead to a productivity “death by a thousand cuts” [30:27]
- Declutter your computer’s app shortcuts and keep your dock clean [36:50]
- The easiest way to manage your notifications and their effect on your productivity [40:51]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [47:17]
5 Ways To Reclaim Your Focus
- Clear Your Downloads and Especially Your Desktop
- Declutter Your Email
- Declutter Your Mobile Device
- Declutter Your Computer’s App Shortcuts
- Declutter Your Notifications
- Attend the upcoming Do The Damn Thing call: Digital Decluttering on Tue, February 9, 2021
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- File Juggler
- Digital Declutter
- Organize Your Files
- Ditch Digital Clutter And Stay Organized: 3 Simple Rules That Work (TPS319)
- Inbox Detox
- Next-Level Email Processing: How to Handle Any Email in Your Inbox (TPS166)
- Focus Filter
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.