On the Asian Efficiency website, we have over 600 blog posts. That’s close to a million words that have been written and we didn’t even include all the newsletters, course materials, workbooks, and everything else we produce. We write a lot and in this episode, we’ll share how we get so much writing done. We share our 4-step writing process, which apps and tools we use, and tips to make you a better and more efficient writer.
Thanks ExpressVPN for supporting The Productivity Show. Express VPN is offering 3 months free on a one-year package just visit expressvpn.com/tps.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Top 3 productivity resources for this week. [2:19]
- What is the “Brainstorming Phase”? [6:51]
- How does Thanh approach the Brainstorming Phase? [10:06]
- How Thanh does his research? [14:44]
- Where does Thanh often find unexpected research? [16:00]
- Does Brooks impose any limitations on his research? [19:31]
- Does Thanh impose any limitations on his research? [20:35]
- How does Brooks work on research introductions? [27:54]
- Thanh’s Writing Tips [28:26]
- What simple writing tool is often overlooked in the corporate world? [34:56]
- Thanh’s Editing Tips [36:29]
- Brooks’ Editing Tips [39:24]
- What is the ONLY way to improve your writing? [40:42]
- Action Steps You Can take to integrate today’s topic into your life. [41:20]
- Book- Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing – Mignon Fogerty
- On Writing by Stephen King – “Kill Your Darlings”
- Why Mindmapping is Better than Outlining, Except When it Isn’t (TPS131)
- Brainstorm MindMap Example
- Brainstorm MindMap Example, Result
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.