Even if many of us are back in the office, at least part-time (or never left), it is inevitable that so much of our day is spent in online meetings. We fire up our computer, connect to Zoom or Teams, sometimes for back-to-back calls!
There are some things you can do to make your Zoom or Teams experience better, and some best practices to make the most effective use of your time. Anything we can do to make OUR experience better, and the experience of the people we are in meetings with better, will pay off.
In this episode, we are going to share 3 Zoom and Teams best practices to have the most of your Time, Energy, and Attention.
Listen to American Scandal on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, or you can listen one week early and ad-free by joining Wondery Plus in the Wondery app.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/375.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [3:42]
- What is “Zoom Fatigue”? [5:44]
- What is a “Pre-Flight Checklist” [8:22]
- What are some things Brooks has on his pre-flight checklist? [13:22]
- What’s on Marmel’s general Zoom checklist? [15:39]
- What is the 2nd tip for making online meetings less painful? [18:10]
- How do camera-on and camera meetings vary to Marmel? [22:41]
- What is Brooks’ favorite tip for reducing Zoom fatigue? [24:32]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life [32:29]
- How To Beat Zoom Fatigue, Even If You Don’t Use Zoom (TPS307)
- Back To Back Meetings: Win Back Your Time, Energy, and Attention (TPS354)TPS 354
- Youtube: How To Make You Webcam Footage Look Better
- YouTube: Lighting With 1-4 Webcam Lights
- Article: Four Causes for ‘Zoom fatigue’
- Blog: Stream Deck For Productivity: My Favorite Tool I Didn’t Know I Needed
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.