Have you heard of the Pomodoro Technique? It’s a popular time management and focus strategy and something we’ve been teaching for a long time at Asian Efficiency. One question we get often is how many pomodoros should you do in a day? Or in other words, how many hours of work should you do in a day? We’ll answer that question in today’s episode and we’ll give you our best focus tips as well.
Thanks Gusto. Get three months free when you run your first payroll at gusto.com/tps.
Thanks, SaneBox. Free 14-day trial plus $25 off any subscription sanebox.com/tps25
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/361.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Top 3 productivity resources for this week. [2:35]
- What is the Pomodoro Technique, and how does it work? [6:41]
- How does Thanh feel about the rigidity of the exact timing of the Pomodoro Technique? [9:34]
- How does Brooks use the Pomodoro technique personally? [14:09]
- How does Brooks break down the Pomodoro Technique and get the most out of it? [20:45]
- What are Thanh’s tips for being successful with the Pomodoro Technique? [23:09]
- What are some apps/tools Brooks uses to help with the Pomodoro Technique? [24:58]
- Which apps/tools does Thanh prefer when addressing Pomodoro Technique? [26:12]
- How many Pomodoro sessions does Thanh recommend in one day? [28:28]
- Actionable steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [31:28]
- FocusBooster (Timer App)
- Esington Glass Timer
- Pomodoro Technique Guide
- Focus Keeper (iOS)
- Focus Keeper (Android)
- Be Focused (Mac)
- Focus Booster (Windows, Mac, Mobile)
- Vitamin R (Mac)
- Marinara (Chrome Plugin)
- Learning Timer
- Countdown Timer Plugin (for Stream Deck)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.