Do you ever get to the end of the week and realize that you haven’t made real progress on any of your goals and priorities? You see stuff on your todo list that didn’t get done. And then maybe you thought to yourself: “How did this happen?”
The key to having a productive week is not just what you do during the week – it is what you do before the week even starts. You need to plan your week and plan it the right way.
In this episode, we will take you through the 4 things you should do to plan your perfect week, so you can finish the week with a feeling of accomplishment, not frustration.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Blinkist is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial and 25% off your new subscription. Go to Blinkist.com/tps to learn more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:46]
- One of the new techniques that the Asian Efficiency Dojo has been implementing [5:42]
- Why it is important to set aside dedicated time to plan out your week [8:54]
- Why we can’t leave our priorities for the week up to chance [17:54]
- What you can learn from reviewing your past week [26:06]
- How leaving yourself with unplanned time is necessary for a productive week [34:39]
- Some action steps to help you get started on this today [40:57]
- Join in on the Asian Efficiency Dojo’s “Do The Damn Thing” call
- Uniball Signo DX .38 pen
- Marinara Pomodoro Timer
- How I Plan My Week as a CEO
- Thinking Time: the Counterintuitive Approach to Growth (TPS162)
- How to Use Your Calendar
- Atomic Habits: 4 Laws for Changing Your Identity & Living the Life You Want w/ James Clear (TPS217)
- 3 Simple Steps to Help You Master Your Calendar (TPS198)
- How to Prioritize Your Todo List With A Sheet of Paper
- Listen to Time Ferris’s podcast with Jim Collins — A Rare Interview with a Reclusive Polymath (#361)
- Oura Ring
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
- The 12 Week Year: The “Secret Sauce” To Achieving Your Goals Every Quarter (TPS288)
- Can The “Sandwich Technique” Solve Your Focus Problems? w/ Erin Chase (TPS226)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.