The first quarter of the year is done — how are you doing on your yearly goals? Are you on track? Are you behind? Have you dropped some goals and added any new ones? Have you even made any goals for the year?
In this episode, we will be reviewing the goals we made on the podcast at the beginning of the year, and most importantly — we will share some tips and things we’ve learned about keeping and working towards your goals.
We’ll also share what to do when a goal doesn’t make sense anymore. Sometimes things come up and you need to make a course correction.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:24]
- Who this episode is for and how it can help people who struggle with goal setting [4:33]
- The goals Brooks and Thanh set last quarter [7:29]
- How Thanh’s goals evolved over the first quarter and what he could do better next time [10:28]
- What Brooks implemented for his goals this year and how it helped him succeed so far [14:08]
- How Thanh is increasing his likelihood of succeeding at his new goal [19:38]
- The little “kaizen” improvements Brooks has made over this first quarter [24:10]
- Why Thanh prefers consulting professionals for advice instead of going the DIY route [27:53]
- How Brooks and Thanh keep track of their progress [30:20]
- How to Lead When Your Boss Can’t (Or Won’t) by John Maxwell
- Here’s How To Improve Every Year Using Our Annual Review Template (TPS279)
- What Do Productivity Ninjas Do To Prepare For An Amazing 2020? (TPS280)
- 6 Simple Ways To Stick To Your Goals This Year That Don’t Involve Willpower (TPS281)
- Day One
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.