If you’re listening to this podcast, we’re going to bet that you’ve had some sort of productivity challenge in your life. Maybe you found yourself repeating the same negative habits. Maybe you haven’t adapted as well to a new situation than you’d like, or maybe distractions get the better of you and you get to the end of the day and don’t feel like you’ve accomplished anything.
Well, even though we host a podcast called The Productivity Show, we’ve been there too. In this episode, we’re going to share 4 productivity challenges we’ve had over the years, and what we did to overcome them.
Even though your challenges may be different, we think you’ll pick up some ideas that will help you breakthrough.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:33]
- What happened with Brooks that made him work on his productivity habits [8:15]
- How Brooks took a weekend off of his work and family life to implement his new productivity system [12:23]
- What made Thanh and the Asian Efficiency team learn to focus on only one thing at a time [16:00]
- How to evaluate many opportunities and learn to settle on just one using the ICE matrix [22:14]
- What Brooks did when he found himself overextended in one area of his work [26:57]
- How a period of uncertainty in his job and learning about how our brains work brought Thanh to GTD [35:46]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [43:47]
- DJI Mavic Mini
- Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
- Thinking Time: the Counterintuitive Approach to Growth (TPS162)
- How To Be Productive Through Illness and Recovery with Jennifer Lava and James Lot Jr. (TPS256)
- Getting Things Done
- How to Get the Most Value Out of Conferences and Implement What You’ve Learned (TPS225)
- Check out Derek Sivers’ blog post: No “yes.” Either “HELL YEAH!” or “no.”
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- GTD 101: The Beginner’s Guide To Getting Things Done
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.