GTD or “Getting Things Done” is a productivity system that has been a lifesaver for us going back to the mid-2000s.
As we’ve talked to members of the community and podcast listeners over the years, we’ve found that there are certain things that almost everyone does when they’re just starting out, and most of the time they cause problems later.
We don’t want that to be you! So we’re going to go through 5 mistakes that almost everyone makes with GTD, and what you should do instead. Even if you’ve been using GTD for years, we bet you’re doing some of these too.
Thanks to ExpressVPN for supporting The Productivity Show. ExpressVPN is offering our listeners an extra 3 months free on a one year package. Go to ExpressVPN.com/tps to learn more.
Thanks also to Azlo for supporting The Productivity Show. Azlo is offering our listeners Sign up today with no minimum deposit at Azlo.com/tps and get a free copy of Azlo’s small business starter guide.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:35]
- What GTD is and for who and for what it works best [9:10]
- Why the key to having a good capture system is to minimize the amount of inputs [16:25]
- How specificity with your next actions can have a profound effect on your GTD system [26:46]
- How not having a clear idea of contexts can be confusing [34:00]
- The strength of keeping consistent scheduled times to do your weekly reviews [40:38]
- Why overthinking things can cause your system to fall apart [45:15]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [51:30]
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- GTD Setup Guides
- TPS58: Getting Things Done w/ David Allen
- GTD 101: The Beginner’s Guide To Getting Things Done
- Join the DTDT GTD Weekly Review on August 11, 2020 at theproductivityshow.com/implement
- How to Prioritize Your Todo List With A Sheet of Paper
- How To Plan Your Perfect Week In Under 45 Minutes (TPS293)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.