How often do you find yourself saying “I can’t deal with this right now… I’ll figure it out later” or you just avoid decisions altogether?
For busy professionals, it’s extremely common, and the culprit is usually decision fatigue — the more decisions you make in a short period of time, the poorer quality your decisions become and the less willing you are to make them. We’ve all been there.
In this episode, we’re going to cover 3 strategies you can use to cut off decision fatigue and tools you can use to keep your focus on the important decisions that really do need your attention.
Thanks to Raycon for supporting The Productivity Show. Raycon is offering our listeners 15% off their wireless earbuds at BuyRaycon.com/tps.
Thanks to Sleep Cycle for supporting The Productivity Show. Sleep Cycle is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial of their intelligent alarm clock and sleep tracker. Learn more at SleepCycle.com/tps.
Thanks to Masterclass for supporting The Productivity Show. Masterclass is offering our listeners 15% off your annual all-access pass at Masterclass.com/tps.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:55]
- Why this episode will help everyone, from people new to productivity to seasoned veterans [5:04]
- What decision fatigue is and why it can be so detrimental to our productivity [10:45]
- Why decisions cause us to use up so much energy and how Steve Jobs famously handled it [14:41]
- The number one way to combat decision fatigue [26:21]
- How to look ahead to the next day and perceive any potential big decisions [29:40]
- Why you need to work on the most important thing first every day [34:13]
- What to do if you feel like you have to be always on [38:44]
- The power of your community and how you can leverage it into less decision fatigue [41:55]
- How having a solid definition of done is key in good delegation [47:49]
- How to replace your regular decisions with routines [50:00]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [52:34]
- Sleep Cycle
- High Output Management by Andrew Grove
- Origins: The Podcast
- The Simple 6-Step Process to Start Your Productive Day the Night Before w/ Dave Caolo (TPS196)
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done
- Eat That Frog – Do Your Most Important Tasks In The Morning
- Can The “Sandwich Technique” Solve Your Focus Problems? w/ Erin Chase (TPS226)
- 3 Simple Steps To Delegating Work The Right Way So You Don’t Have to Worry About It (TPS182)
- Need to Prioritize? Here’s Our Favorite Tool That You Can Start Using Today (TPS315)
- 5 Examples of Tasks You Can Automate To Save Yourself An Hour a Day (TPS262)
- Atomic Habits: 4 Laws for Changing Your Identity & Living the Life You Want w/ James Clear (TPS217)
- The CEO’s Secret to Productivity: An Executive Assistant (TPS143)
- How to Get Started with An Executive Assistant w/ Tim Francis (TPS190)
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.