Have you ever sat down to work on what you are supposed to be doing, and you just don’t feel like it? It’s not an energy problem, you feel fine, but you’re just… not in the mood.
Being in a bad mood is obviously not an excuse to stop working, but you know the more you can improve your mood, the more productive you’ll be. As I always say: happy people are productive people.
In this episode, we’re going to share 5 tips to turn your mood around, and you can then funnel that into your best work.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Blinkist is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial and 25% off your new subscription. Go to Blinkist.com/tps to learn more.
Thanks to NetSuite for supporting The Productivity Show. Take a free product tour today at NetSuite.com/tps.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:22]
- How our mood affects us and our productivity throughout our day [5:16]
- How mindfulness and deep breathing can help us get out of dangerous mood spirals and relieve difficult emotions [9:26]
- Why journaling is so effective at relieving stress and anxiety [18:00]
- The power that changing our environment or context has on our mood [22:34]
- Why when you’re having a bad day is a perfect time to reach out to a positive happy person in your life [26:43]
- Thanh’s and Brooks’s go-to method for boosting their mood [30:51]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [38:00]
5 ways to turn your mood around
- Practice deep breathing and be mindful
- Journal every day and get rid of stress and anxiety
- Change your environment
- Talk to a positive person
- Listen to uplifting music and your favorite songs
- Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations
- Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life
- Young Living Essential Oil Home Ultrasonic Desert Mist Diffuser
- TPS 210: Meditation for the Rest of Us: 10 Surprising Benefits from Making Mindfulness a Habit
- How We Improved Our Lives and Work With Journaling – And You Can Too (TPS301)
- 5 Reasons Why You Need to Start Journaling
- Using Coffee Shops and Cafes to Give Your Productivity a Boost w/ Dave Caolo (TPS172)
- Become Productive Again: 6 Ways To Get Back On Track (TPS255)
- The Ultimate Music Collection for Getting Work Done
- How To Get Into Flow State and Make Massive Progress Quickly (TPS314)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.